Atacs 0506 is a high temperature and high strength polyester film coated with a silicone adhesive used in the aerospace industry. It holds and masks tools, forms, and parts for metal or composite plastic bonding. It is also used for removing flash. Autocavable.
- Splicing of silicone coated release papers, films, and other substrates.
- General pupose bonding
- High teperature masking
- Chemically resistant masking
- Flash removal on composite and metal parts for the aerospace industry
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Backing: 1 Mil Polyester
- Adhesive: Silicone
- Color: Blue
- Total Thickness: 2 Mils
- Tensile Strength: 25lbs./in. Width
- Elongation: 90%
- Adhesion To Steel: 31 oz/in Width
- Service Temperature 265°F, 365°F intermittent duty
Unwind adhesive film or tape and apply the adhesive side to the mounting surface. Apply firm pressure. Recommended application temperature to achieve best results is 65°F(18°C) or above. Proper bonding may not occur unless adhesive and surface material are both at 65°F(18°C or above.
When applying pressure sensitive adhesive films to any surface, be sure that the surface is free from oil or other surface contaminates such as powder, dust or release agents. Adhesive performance should be carefully checked when used on substrates containing plasticizers.
SHELFLIFE IS ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF SHIPMENT, WHEN STORED IN A COOL DRY PLACE BELOW 76°F(24°C). ROLL SHOULD BE STORED ON END.