ATACS 5143-A(Ey-0540-A) is an unfilled, medium viscosity laminating resin for high temperature plastic tooling. It is cured with ATACS 5143-B(EY-0043-B) which sets hard at room temperature and then can be post cured for excellent high-temperature resistance. This system is good for temperatures as high as 350°F to 375°F. Suitable for small tool fabrication and with proper surface treatments, it has excellent adhesion to polyester, epoxy aluminum, or steel. Specification to BMS 8-207C, Ty.1 CL.2
Mix 100 parts by weight ATACS 5143-A(EY-0540-A) to 15 parts ATACS 5143-B(EY-0043-B).
- High Temperature Resistant Laminating and Repair Resin.
- Suitable for small tool fabrication and with proper surface treatments.
- Excellent adhesion to polyester, epoxy aluminum, or steel.
- Color: Translucent
- Specific Gravity: 1.16
- Hardness: Barcol Shore D
- Resin Viscosity, CPS: 11,000
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Temperature Flexural Strength
- Room Temperature: 56,000
- 300°F: 35,000
- Compressive Strength
- Room Temperature: 45,000
- 300°F: 23,000
- Tensile Strength
- Room Temperature 55,000
- 300°F: ——
As with all resin systems liquid and vapor may cause irritation to some people. Wear plastic or rubber gloves to prevent any chance of skin irritation. Avoid contact with skin and use adequate ventilation. Wash skin with soap and water. Flush eyes with water copiously and get medical attention.
- Mix 100 parts by weight ATACS 5143-A(EY-0540-A) to 15 parts ATACS 5143-B(EY-0043-B).